Northeastern knows it’s experience that makes the difference. It’s why we work with applicants to determine how we can turn their prior classroom learning and work experience into transfer credit.
We accept transfer credit from different sources, including:
- Northeastern University — Previously earned credit from colleges outside of the Northeastern College of Professional Studies can be applied toward a degree.
- Accredited Institutions — Students can transfer previously earned credits from a regionally accredited institution such as a community college.
- College Level Proficiency Exams — Exam scores can be treated as transfer credit at no fee.
- Assessment of Prior Learning (APL) — An APL review of a student’s work and life experience, including professional certifications, could translate into academic credit.
- Military — As a member of the Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC), Northeastern is committed to working with veterans and active duty servicemembers to accept any credits previously earned. Active servicemembers can transfer up to 75% of credits required for a bachelor’s degree.
Learn more about Northeastern's transfer credit process by checking out the Transfer Credit webinar!